Sunday, July 28, 2013

To "Guest from the Future" sued for plagiarism

Many of today's would-be composers shamelessly appropriated other people's music. Article 146 of the Russian Criminal Code provides penalties for plagiarism up to six months in prison. But until now, there was not a single case where the guilty punished. In addition, try to not even apply to some of the thieves to justice. The pioneer was the composer and producer Maxim Babyshkin, known for his work with "fabrikantka" Irina Dubtsova and the group, "Come on." - Recently, I turn the channel MUZ happened and went to a concert where the band performed "The visitor from the future", - said the "EC" Maxim Babyshkin. - Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the melody of their new song "How difficult" 12:59 playing with my instrumental song "Remembering You". This music was recorded by me in 1996. A year later I published it on his solo album under the name DJ Skye. While it is often turned into nightclubs. In 2004, this song, along with my other work on the soundtrack of the film "The thieves and prostitutes." "Guests ..." just transposed to a different key, comfortable Eva underfloor heating for singing. Angered by such blatant theft, I called their managers. Me said in boorish way: "Boy, that's enough to call here not to indulge more." I do not want to me and the group leader Yuri Usachev I met speak at the ceremony MUZ. In negotiations with Maxim Dmitriev was the first music publisher, the "guest ..." the copyright to the songs of the owner Enter. I offered to suspend the sale of their new album, the song "How difficult" to the cover shows my authorship emphasis and pay me compensation of 10,000 euros. Dmitriev long conference with Usachev and eventually invited me to co-author of the song along with "guests ..." and royalties. But I was not satisfied because the author, and so I rely on the law. In general, the negotiations reach an impasse. And I had no choice but to take legal action as. - We are pleased with the working title "Guest from the Future" in 1998, and they have never been seen in the theft! - Vigorously defending their clients Maxim Dmitriev. - So I have no reason to believe that Yuri Usachev deliberately used the fragment of another work. Yes, it really is a certain similarity. So what? Music is only seven, there is a chance coincidence. My clients - good people and, in my opinion, acted nobly. They not only send Babyshkina far away, and he made an offer. Alas, he did not want to resolve the matter amicably. However, I do not really understand how the court to determine whether a loan or not. Clear criteria in this respect the law is not intended. And the jurisdiction in such cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment