Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Vlad Topalov: "Smash playing quality pop music so it was to be"

Vlad Topalov News Music very candid interview. Vlad detail without! "Smash" to hide anything said about the real reasons for the rejection of the popular group second soloist, the true relationship with Universal, and honestly in the great hopes and plans for the future "Smash!" - «! Smash "was the first or one of the first groups in the Russian pop music zapevshih in foreign languages - English and French. I had thought that this crazy idea. And you know how I know too many people tried to discourage - it did not go well, we never have and never will do. Now, several years later, you can see how this situation? - I think we have shown otherwise. Of course, everything has its good and bad sides. Of course, we are less steep, and does not rotate at all on many Russian-speaking radio station. Of course we had less broadcast television programs, concerts in the combined, where only Russian songs. But you know, we have no desire to "everywhere", as many artists. From the beginning, we were trying to all, especially for us, to prove that this country can make good music. Yes, it's pop. I agree, I was not a fan of pop music. But it is - quality music. And I'm not ashamed to show it. You can say, "This is pop music, I do not like it." But no professional person would say that it is of poor quality music. This is - quality. We have sought and achieved just that. Of course, at first it was hard. The first round, when only single and video released, "Belle", began in this manner. We sing, "Freeway", and the hall like this (shows a sleeping person). Not at all rooms. We were so embarrassed, we are very concerned. Then came a clip "Talk to Me" became a hit. And - is singing to cheer, all girls, and to all the text from beginning to end. I think it is a disaster of our time. Let us a little disappointing, but this way we have then proved that have singing in English - you can. We have found their niche quality music. We work for them, and feel comfortable. - Not to hurt, is that you are on stage, singing in English is something real, and in the hall almost no one understands what you are singing? - I agree. But now many people are on "The Beatles", do not listen to understand the text. Collection of music and text to create a song. And she listened. On the forums, many girls began to translate the texts into Russian. Many began to learn English. Music - is the voice of the soul, the song you're talking about the mood of the people. People feel. And English is in the 21th Century has become an international language, it is no problem. - After passing many English bands, but no one came, "Smash." Unless Alsou, but it has many Russian speakers. - We are grateful to God and destiny, and their parents, they are so helpful, and so it all came together. - You have a couple of years in show business. Take in the cities, but it is not always something to see. But perhaps this is a very beautiful city, and they live very nice interesting people. How do you deal with the routine to cope? There is a cure? - I think that the drug will eventually. The Western system of show business, when the artist has not only earned concerts will sooner or later come to us. And not a concert artist earn and selling plates of his work. Five years ago, believe that someone living with us, it was unreal. And now - it's in fashion, even uncomfortable working under the plywood. Previously, it was awkward to work, alive ... some unique drug can not be. Engels said: "To live in society and be free from society - you can not." If we live in this country, we live and played on these rules. In addition to compliance with the rules, you can add some spice of life and intelligence. This is art. And we have, in my opinion, it turned out. - They were artists, "Universal". Is the life of an artist is different from major label artist life, we say, "Arsan"? - I will not tell you the details, I'm not interested. I want to say in our country - is different, and in a negative direction. Majors, the same American "universal" try to live here, according to U.S. law. And we have a very different market. So there is no particular advantage. But I would like to express my sincere gratitude "universal" for what they have given us the opportunity to work with smart producers, musicians make the music that we wanted. - And I have the pirates that "universal" he skillfully negotiated with them. What do you think? - That is a question for the leadership, "Universal". I do not really know. Nothing fancy do not know. - Guide «universal», in particular, David Junk had an influence on you in choosing the arrangements, repertoire? - David Junk only expressed wishes. No matter what they say, we had almost complete freedom of creative activity in the company "Universal". We just trusted. And our opinions are often simply agreed with the opinion of the junk. - Now you're not an artist, "universal"? - No - Since when? - Our relationship ended after when Sergei left the band. The group consists ceased to exist. There are still complex legal points, but the relationship is really over. - The last use was the album "2Nite" I understand you correctly? - Yes, he was part of our commitment. But this is not the last album, most likely. I think "universal" release another album, a sort of "Greatest Hits". - Let's talk about leaving Sergey Lazarev. But I want to stand on the other side. It's the fact that Lazarus was gone. It's the fact that the group "Smash" There was no "universal". Do not you think it's a bad smell? It is very strange that after the withdrawal of Lazarev left the name "Smash"? - I agree, it may look strange. But from the side. Let's start at the beginning. Duet "Smash" Won. Competition "New Wave" in Jurmala Then he began to work began a "tease" for the country. And we realized that it - not exactly what we wanted. We wanted to do both a good, high-quality, truly "branded" music. We did not want to come to maturity. And we started to slowly gain a professional team. For two years we have gathered a great team, including musicians, sound engineers, administrators. And sometime this great team was formed. She got to her feet. "Smash" was a huge machine that works from day to day. Then suddenly it happened that Sergey, singers, an integral part, one half of the duo to leave, which was deliberately chosen. As our creative views were strongly disagree. He has his views, I have - their own. For example, we have a song, "Obsession" has had a hit. But this is a very primitive song, I do not like how musically educated person. She was the most hated song on my album. But Sergei believed that all the songs have to be. From childhood he loves this dance music. I respect that, but it's - very not mine, it is not mine. I wanted to sing not only existed in this style, and it. And all the musicians who have been in the team, they are also - for the good music. But Sergei was against it. And I do not mind his desire to leave the team. Maybe if there is a new album, the name of Vlad Topalov there may also be present. But you know, "Smash" - this group. Sergey Lazarev left the group "Smash" Why should I give it all, I work in the last four years? I do not see the point. Sergei is gone, the whole team stayed with me. - The man has not called you, do not say a claim because of the name? - Do not Call. I think he has violated no right to the name, because he voluntarily left the group. Sam left. And that's his problem. - And you, and he discussed this problem? - He and I do not communicate. - Why just after the break in a few months the band with your dad? Few people believed that the official cause of the care that he was suddenly a lot of things ... - My dad and I just went to ... work. I am almost 20 years. And I want to ... I'm not saying that I can, because I'm still young, I have much to learn. But I want to make their own moves, and develop something I do. Course difficult. Maybe I'm not quite finished. But all around me., A great team of people who believe in me and support me And the opportunity to develop and operate the most - there. There are management, which is working with radio, TV, etc. These people involved in the team, "Smash." And his father was not interested in the business. He understands what I want to bring me in writing to express. - So, I understand that such an action as a "return of the prodigal son, Sergey Lazarev" Smash "- not real - Exactly. - In a recent interview, you mentioned a" solo album "Topalov -. I have been misunderstood . Well, maybe on the plate shows "Vlad Topalov and" Smash! "That's impossible. - In which direction will now change your music? Rumor has it that your new album - it will rock. - I do not know where it was ridiculous rumors about rock music. I did not mention anything about rock music! Perhaps this is due to the fact that the time my father -. A fan of rock music R'n'B be soon. Now all music is made of different things. Usher - is rock or R & B? Appears. Pop - is popular music. My music is based on r'n'b, and it would be a good pop. As a preliminary agreement on the release of the album in Europe, I would like to add a few quotes from the Russian classics of Russian folk music or something. All this will be played live. - And no samples? - No, of course, a number of samples is used. Now the music is complete without it. But it will live drums, live bass, will be built something. - Now split all the little Russian show business into two camps ... - Which two? The first time I've heard (makes a very difficult person). - Some artists Channel and RMG not cool twist on a reversed "Muz-TV", and. And you - on what page? -. I have to be creative. Now came Ego Works team and I'm going with them to work on a new album. Here it is - my job. Who, where - it's all politics, it is not mine. I have a fight with anyone, I personally have nothing against those who or against others. - And this summer, where you plan to play? On the "New Wave", which has won once, or in Sochi? - I do not know, to be honest (again, a very sly smile). Or elsewhere, or both, and there. - How Pugachev? - Of course! (Wide satisfied smile Vlad). - Good answer, we turn to the personal. They recognize that it expresses your local interest - for your favorite books, movies? Fans immediately rush to read and see what you mention in the various settings. - No doubt, of course. Before answering that question, I think a hundred times. I used under the first a book by Paulo Coelho "The Alchemist", I was brought her mother from abroad. I told him. And then I realized many, Coelho, because my reading recommendations. - «! Smash" If "sudden drop shock" Called 'It, then take into account one of its values, which translated means' Smash'? - I have heard that there is such a difference. But when I studied for three years in England, there was no such use. In everyday language, "Hit" - quick success, the sudden popularity. And I think that's the most popular option. - About you said you blew to pieces one of the most popular restaurants in Moscow, and it is not allowed now. Is that true? - Never heard of it. It has never been such a thing. I think it's yellow press, which was to write about something a ranking artists. At first I wondered around this. And then I realized. But if I was an employee of the tabloid press, and I have to write. Who is there in the rankings? Look rating and compose. What does this mean in reality? I'm in the lead, and that's something they want to talk and I write. Therefore, the group is "Smash" - in the rankings. I flattered. This means that we are popular. - Another issue of personal. What is your relationship with religion? - I'm not a very religious person, but I am a believer. I believe in God. I go to church to get through Lent. With a few moments in the history of religion, I do not quite agree, but I - believers. - In the eternal struggle between good and evil you believe in victory ... who? - I know that at all - God's will when it comes to that. Dark forces are there as well, with the approval of God, or they would not be. Of everything that is wrong with me, I am a lesson. So it was a sign for me, and I have to really understand this character. I have to understand the essence of the lesson and make sense of it. Those who believed that winning Kutuzov surrender to Moscow, but the war? It often happens that we are defeated in life, then find something. I believe in justice. I spent two years living alone. And no one is looking, think about these questions. As part of the "Smash" I experienced highs and lows. And thanks to my parents for such training. - They are prone to reflection? Often think about before you take any action? - I am a person who is actually very impulsive and I love to take risks. I do not like to lead a boring life and measured. How do we measure how many of them live. And I will make the best of it the maximum. Every day I try to do as much. What counts is the will power. And I have no fear to do what I want. - Many girls will be interested in how you answer the following question. What do you think, what is love? - I'm very fond man, but ... Love ... Love - is when you put a man in his senses, and do not ask for nothing in return. This is what happens between parents and children and between families. Love exists naturally. As for me, I want it, I'm probably not like ... Maybe he loved. I do not know. I am very emotional. I like to start a girl, I talk to her ... Maybe it's love. Maybe I understand it a bit later. - Have a sense of humor? - I'm trying to develop this feeling. I usually get bored with people who have no sense of humor, who can not communicate make fun of him. I did as a child was very thick, plump. I was a "dumpling", "bread", "donut". I'm used to it, and never offended when I mentioned "fat" for example. Healthy laughter in a healthy body. - You want to tell me an anecdote about "Smash"? Only he is not quite decent. - «! Smash" Pro? Never heard of it. Come on. - A joke. Make love Vlad Topalov and Sergey Lazarev. A friend says, "What is so dry you have today Seriously though you smazhem, smazhem, smazhem?." So here came the name "Smash! »- (Vlad laughs). Yes gay theme - is not new in the history of our group. I - just normal, I love girls. And these stories ... well, the love of the people. - The question is. Why not let the Asian market Clip "faith"? - Because we released the album there. He is there now for sale. - Do you often speak before unfriendly, nesmeshevskoy public. For example, the recent "Energy Mega Dance" was. How do you deal with such an audience to do? - Yes, in some way, just honest work. I am very vulnerable man, and I was offended by such a public reaction. But I work in the entertainment business, and I understand that may be all. - The last question. Are not you afraid to start a career is really over? - On the contrary. I feel a wave of creative energy. And I hope the best to create a beautiful new songs, the creative self-expression. It is very important for me. Vadim Ponomarev, NEWSmusic.ru

No comments:

Post a Comment