Saturday, April 27, 2013

John Rudkovskaya (Part 2): "When Bilan won the Euro Vision Song Contest 2nd Place, I cried in the locker room"

We will continue to publish an interview with Vadim Ponomareva producer and entrepreneur Yana Rudkovskaya. Start the conversation here. We stopped at the death of Yuri Ajzenshpisa and coming Dima Bilan Viktor Baturin and Jana Rudkovskaya. Work begins Bilan - How did you get started with Dima Bilan? - I must say that I was not then a contract with him. The contract we signed when it is necessary, the brand was registered. We expect to obtain a patent in the near future. - What were the first steps? Concerts were not ... - No concerts, away rotation? All recordings of the album. Concerts did not exist. I said Dime - if we do shows now? Let's be creative. What are the composers? I met with these composers. The album "River Time" was recorded 80% in November and December this year, right after the MTV RMA. Dima Bilan and Yana Rudkovskaya - How did you start writing songs? - Yes, we started with creativity. To no no claims, we did this. Increased the price of three. Who wants to let him live orders at high prices. The price was high, and the concert was not. And thank God! If the concerts have been, he would have never recorded this album! We took a couple of songs that I really liked, "I remember." We sat down with Dima began to discuss. I tell him I have to get back. In the rotation with the right song For some it will be a reversal of the soul, for someone just a beautiful song. And for me it would be the first step in his right step. So we decided. Honestly, I went to all the channels and all radio stations. Besides Muz-TV. Because our policy chosen by Yuri Shmilyevich conflict of interest and the Hardball Ernst. A few hours before "Muz-TV 2005" Ayzenshpis met me, and we went to the rec Muz-TV. And then there was the famous story when Ayzenshpis turned the car and not participated in the Muz-TV. I was in this car! Then I, along with Dima Bilan and Yuri Shmilyevich inspired this story, it all happened in front of me. And I must agree with all the songs brought on the air. Then the song "I Remember You", the new year with a "fabulous" video series was all radio stations, including MTV been booked. Then, "I Remember You", was the first place in many charts. - How was the selection of the songwriter? This is the most difficult problem. - Was formed by the group of authors who have worked with me Bilan. I cried all the composers, all met. We have become friends. I am a long time to find the author of the song "I'm dying love" by Alexander Lunev. Ajzenshpisom and I did not like Dime. Incidentally, we do now, this arrangement made the gala, and release. There were violins, we replace the cello. I offered to work with us Lunev. And he was working with Vadim Kazachenko. I convinced him to give us things, and bought him a lot of songs. Including "Never Let You Go" and "Lady Flame" (Impossible, perhaps), and "Wind from the Sea" and "I am dying of love." And I bought the rights protected by copyright. Sure, it costs a lot more expensive! But I thought that this way would be correct. Almost 70% of the album "Time River" were purchased with the rights of the authors. From a business standpoint I understand - if a song is shot, it sells well as ringtones, real tones, and then paid for itself. A clip and a good rotation is to bring to the top of the charts. - The first song - a tribute to what is ethical and reasonable. But they decided which songs to start the second? - I do not really like the song "Time of the river." Dima was to get it out after the second song, "I remember you." When we went to Morocco, then immediately the two clips on the "It was love" and "Time of the river." Away And only a year later went to this clip! Because it's a time when every song Dima perceived as a potential hit. Thus, the second in a series song was "It was love." Incidentally, this was the first song of Dima, the number one in the "Topham" achieved. Even in his songs Ajzenshpisa rose no higher than the second place - "You must close" and "how I want it." Based on the number of rotations can not be compared. It was my little, but still win. After starting "It was love" has a bit easier. The concert started ... Triumph at Euro Vision 2006 - Many versions of how Bilan got on "Euro Vision" and why this song. - If there is a selection for "Euro Vision", we have available to the Commission to choose two songs - "Never Let You Go" and "Lady Flame" ("The impossible-possible"). I was told that no one song for "Euro Vision" is not appropriate. But who is to judge? Does anyone have the "Euro Vision"? A jury of experts has said that Dima Bilan - are not a good candidate for the contest, but his songs in the format and that to shoot any of them. We believe that "Never Let You Go" has such a beautiful bridge, you can make a bright spot ... but we were advised to change the song. Help can be found associated with a track Vladimir Matetsky and he offered us a song by Western authors - like a hymn competition. It was very high quality, was to stop list at Western Star. But I did not see accounting and accounting not see it myself. Matter was settled when he intervened Konstantin Ernst. He asked our position. We have said that we are not back, and we want to "Never let you go". Ernst gave the green light. For which we are still very grateful. Competition both for me and for Dima was the first. Organized before it was a long promotional tour for many countries that helped us, Philip. In general, the competition were two boys, assistant Euro Vision fans who work with us. In the company of Dima, Dima director, I and Philip Philip and John Rudkovskaya My workday starts at 8 clock and ends at two in the morning. Had two samples, one. From eight in the morning, and the other nine in the evening Dima had to get to the camera - which is included in any time because the cameras do not have lights, signaling about their work. I pulled his umbrella in the samples, and he taught night camera. In general, all promises were made by the first channel, maintained. I can not say anything against them because they are on the move, living and has paid to the coordination of the competition, and helped with the organization of the Russian Party us. We spoke with earnestness, discuss predictions for "Euro Vision". I talked about the first balancing, Ernest smiled and said that is not the political situation is so. He said that when Bilan get into the top five, the first channel will be a week Bilan PR hard. And kept his promise! As was announced that Bilan took second place, I cried in the locker room. It was a shame that after all is not the first. Underestimated in Moscow, usually Lordi. They wanted to disqualify several times in the competition - bad behavior, mate. But I could see how much support they offer their record company. Sony BMG made so that Russia does not rotate bilanovskuyu "Never Let You Go" to turn a song Lordi already. Sony BMG managers from all over Europe came to support their artists. I immediately realized how strong competitor and no mistake. We were with Philip Kirkorov top ten, and the only one guess not. But Arthur Gasparyan, for example, praised Fabrizio Faniello from Malta, including its Dimini competitor, but as a result he scored only one point. I think second place - a victory Bilan. For many it was a winner. We arrived at the Euro Vision without record company, without the support of the major labels. We brought a lot of promo, all merchandising. I have. On a bet at the bookmakers Bilan, in April, because I was sure of victory Lordi had in their first three, by the way. Balance was 1 to 50. If won, I would have won 70 thousand dollars. Did not happen. But he became a national hero, and it is much more important. When we went to "Euro Vision", every car honking behind us. In Kabardino-Balkaria, he was a folk artist. All Greeks for Dima is evident in the reaction of the audience. And after the success of "Euro Vision" I realized that I need to go to the Western market. - After the "Euro Vision" They have become more ambitious? - Yes, I have started to put more challenges in front of us. The songs tend to live for three months. Of course there are exceptions, such as "Never Let You Go". But still. So, I thought, the "Golden Record" should be nominated for four songs for the year. I suspected that desire. And last year's "Golden Gramophone" was nominated for four lanes Bilan - "This is the way of the world," "Impossible," "I Remember You" and "it was love." And could get any "Golden Gramophone" as each of them has reached the first place. The interview - here. Start the interview here. Vadim Ponomarev, NEWSmusic.ru Photo - Svetlana Maltsev, Foto.NEWSmusic.ru

No comments:

Post a Comment